View the SooCool Calendar
Dell U2410 24-inch

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SF Bay Area Photography Forum Index :: Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elysium
ShadowLord

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Dell U2410 24-inch Reply with quote

I noticed this thread a while ago: http://www.soocool.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9601&highlight=dell+2080

Now I'm thinking of an upgrade, but the previously mentioned Dell 2408 WFP is already a retired model. I found a very good price in Germany for the new U2410 model. Does anyone has any experience with it? I'll use it on a Windows Vista based computer of course.
obelix
Master Photographer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a good monitor, wide gamut and IPS. You won't go wrong with it.
Quote:

Already seen in Japan, the 24-inch UltraSharp U2410 professional monitor is up for retail on Dell's US store. The IPS-panel features a 1920 x 1200 pixel resolution, 6-ms response, 178-degree viewing angles, 1000:1 typical contrast, and 12-bit internal processing (1.07 billion colors), and 96% AdobeRGB and 100% of sRGB color space coverage. Connectivity options are vast with jacks for DisplayPort, DVI, HDMI, component, composite, and VGA. That's a lot of rig for $599. Hit the link below if you just have to have it since you won't find it promoted on the Dell US monitor pages just yet.

10mm and be there

Gallery http://www.anands.net
Blog http://blog.anands.net
addxyz
Learned Lens Craftman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did anyone ever buy this monitor? any comments/reviews on it?

www.flickr.com/photos/move
kalieaire
Conjurer of Colors

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought about 50 of them, they work alright.

However, the U2410 doesn't have a complete care option, so I'd suggest the U2711 since it does have that option. If you speak to a small business representative, you can get the monitor for $789 including shipping, tax, and complete care accidental damage coverage for 3-years.

As for the looks comparison, I still prefer the looks of the older model. The new ones look very blue for some reason though, but it's probably because of the LED Backlight. 2408WFP/2407WFP-HC are my preferred models because of the warmer look at 6500k.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SF Bay Area Photography Forum Index :: Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: