View the SooCool Calendar
OT: OCZ 128GB SATA III 6Gb/s SSD for $69

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SF Bay Area Photography Forum Index :: Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vivek007
Visionary

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: OT: OCZ 128GB SATA III 6Gb/s SSD for $69 Reply with quote

I think this is a really great deal at this price. It's not the fastest SSD but still much better than most hard drives.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0381969
BenUdkow
I'm not Mike

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a LOT of reviews of the OCZ SSDs reporting drive failures (on your linked site, Newegg, etc). Spend a bit more money and get something more reputable IMHO. Smile
vivek007
Visionary

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben I respecfully disagree, OCZ is one of the reputed brands for SSD.
You will find some rant about any brand on newegg... Smile I agree that there are some other brands(Intel, Sandisc, Samsung, Plextor) with better rating on newegg. But you click on their perfect 5 egg rating you will find some people ranting about them as well. I saw someone gave one egg rating because his SSD came with a lower version of firmware.

I have been using OCZ 128GB Vertex 3 for more than a year without any issue and some of my gamer friends also use OCZ SSDs. Also OCZ SSDs come with 3-5 years warranty like most other reputed brand. What i also like about OCZ is that they have a very diversified range so you have lot of SSDs to choose from based on your budget and need.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SF Bay Area Photography Forum Index :: Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: