View the SooCool Calendar
Photographer's Block :(

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SF Bay Area Photography Forum Index :: Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slrrookie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Photographer's Block :( Reply with quote

Hello Everyone

Help me out of a photographer's block Sad

I am currently running out of ideas as to what I can shoot in and around the bay area ...

I just recently purchased some new gear and would love to try it out ...

Anything local, be it a small coffee shop or a big building, a park or a company HQ ... Kindly pour your ideas and I can try some of them to get me going Smile))

Thanks in advance for your help..

Cheers
brucep
ShadowLord

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a fun, international photography site (there are others, no doubt): Photozo.com. They have weekly and monthly challenges. Those contests restrict your subject matter, so they force you to be more creative.

Another thing you can do is pull a lens from your bag which you don't often use, and go out with ONLY that lens. You'll have to get out of your old way of doing things. Conversely, you can rent a lens from Borrow Lenses (above) that's very different from any you have.

You could also look at photos you really admire and try to imitate the style of those photos. What's different from that photo compared to the way you'd usually shoot that subject?

My Tutorials | Others' Tutorials | Work
BenUdkow
I'm not Mike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a photo a day challenge. Either of something specific or just in general a photo a day.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SF Bay Area Photography Forum Index :: Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: