View the SooCool Calendar
1/26 -"An Evening with Charles Cramer: A Fine Art ... P

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SF Bay Area Photography Forum Index :: Events & Outings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunnyvalejohn
Visionary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: 1/26 -"An Evening with Charles Cramer: A Fine Art ... P Reply with quote

"An Evening with Charles Cramer: A Fine Art Printer's Photographic Journey"
Palo Alto - January 26th.

Wed Jan 26, 2011
7:30 - 9:30 pm

A talk by a fantastic Fine Art Photographer!! Charlie is an amazing photographer and gives excellent workshops. This is where I got my start in fine art printing.

Nationally published photographer Charles Cramer will give an illustrated talk about his journey as a nature photographer and master printer and the value of the print as an art form.

Charles Cramer is a well-known nature photographer and teacher whose workshops on digital imaging and printing have been held at such sites as the Ansel Adams Gallery, the Lepp Institute of Digital Imaging, and Luminous Landscape Workshops. The book "Landscape: The World's Top Photographers" is one of many publications that showcase his work.
Charlie's work can be seen here: http://www.charlescramer.com/

The lecture is free and open to the public.

Palo Alto Art Center Auditorium
1313 Newell Road, Palo Alto

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Palo+Alto+Art+Center+Auditorium+1313+Newell+Road,+Palo+Alto&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=59.119059,135.263672&ie=UTF8&hq=Palo+Alto+Art+Center+Auditorium&hnear=1313+Newell+Rd,+Palo+Alto,+Santa+Clara,+California+94301&z=17&iwloc=A

Co-sponsored by
the Palo Alto Camera Club - http://www.pacamera.com/,
the Mid-Peninsula Photo Alliance
and the Palo Alto Art Center

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the event. I would suggest getting there early as these events usually draw a large crowd.
karlg
ShadowLord

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to attend this.
Accompanied my wife to a doctor appointment this morning, and saw one of Charles' images on the wall.
spodila
ShadowLord

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this John. I plan to attend.
sunnyvalejohn
Visionary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie is really an amazing photographer and a great instructor. I have signed up for his alumni workshop again this spring!

See y'all there!
Cheers,
John
karlg
ShadowLord

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie gave an interesting and very entertaining talk. I picked up a couple of tips. I was already aware of a lot of what he said, but it's valuable to know that a lot of the post-processing techniques I use are also used by someone of his skill and experience. Even though I don't print many of my pictures, I'm tempted to take one of his courses.

I had hoped to be able to talk with some other SooCoolers but the room was too packed.
spodila
ShadowLord

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Great talk and some inspiring tips and prints to look at as well.
Looks like his workshops are mostly full for the year. I might attend one in the future.
I got there half hour before the talk and several folks were already left with standing spots only.

Thanks again John for posting this here. It was good to see you again.
sunnyvalejohn
Visionary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad y'all had a good time and sorry it was SO packed! We really exceed everyone's expectations with the attendance. Turns out a few foothill classes were telling all their students about it. We will look for a little larger hall if we book a big name again.

Great seeing Sharma, Stuart and Barbara there. I think I saw a few others but sorry I didn't get a chance to talk since it was SO crazy in there!

There is a reception this Saturday in Cupertino that I will try to make it to and I'll post separately.

I highly recommend his workshops - but you normally have to sign-up the day he posts them. Send him an email to get on his mailing list. I am signed-up to take his Alumni workshop this spring.

cheers,
John

"Show at the Institute for the Study of Western Civilization"

The opening will be on Saturday, January 29th from 5:00 to 7:00 PM, located at 10060 Bubb Road in Cupertino, CA 95014 Tel: (408) 864-4060. The show will run through March.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SF Bay Area Photography Forum Index :: Events & Outings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: