View the SooCool Calendar
5/19-5/21 AMA Superbike Showdown - Infineon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SF Bay Area Photography Forum Index :: Events & Outings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlavkaG
Conjurer of Colors

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: 5/19-5/21 AMA Superbike Showdown - Infineon Reply with quote

Kawasaki AMA Superbike Showdown at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma.
tickets: $10 Friday. Sat and Sun $30 each.
http://www.infineonraceway.com/schedule/2005%5Fmajor%5Fevents/ama/
GTiFreak
Visionary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I *think* this is the superbike race I'm going to... I'll have to check with my buddy that bought the tickets.
Stephen Scharf
ShadowLord

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there....got my 2006 hard card for photo a coupla week ago... Smile
BenUdkow
I'm not Mike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Scharf wrote:
I'll be there....got my 2006 hard card for photo a coupla week ago... Smile
What does that mean?
GTiFreak
Visionary

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

press pass, right?
Stephen Scharf
ShadowLord

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A "hard card" is a season-long credential. The folks at Infineon are very organized; they send out hard cards and parking passes for the entire year all at once in your packet; I just show up and shoot. At Laguna, even though I have a hard card, I need stop by the Will Call at the Embassy Suites in Seaside in order to pick up my parking passes for each event. The reason that Laguna doesn't send out parking passes at the beginning of the year is probably due to that fact that they often have media parking in different areas of the track, depending on the event. Sometimes we get to park close, sometimes we have to hump it a fairly long way to the media center with all our gear...ya just never know; it all depends on the event. At MotoGP, we were all parked up on Wolf Hill, which is a good walk to the media center. It's not just the media, even the mechanics for the Grand Prix teams had to walk in from that parking area. For Infineon, media parking is always the same place every time.
GTiFreak
Visionary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh ok... that makes sense. I never realized there was such a thig as a season long credential... I always thought you got that stuff indavidually from each race promoter or something. But I guess that makes tons more sense. Laughing
SlavkaG
Conjurer of Colors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTiFreak wrote:
Ohhh ok... that makes sense. I never realized there was such a thig as a season long credential... I always thought you got that stuff indavidually from each race promoter or something. But I guess that makes tons more sense. Laughing

Sean, I am sure they've got both. Just seems as for full time photographers planning on covering all events in the year they have these special credentials.
Some one at the track mentioned that all you really need is a refferal from a magazine editor. There are some regulations in place such as this editor would have to call in advance and you would have to be at the race track very early to see of the photog spots are still available and in order to get a daily pass. Looks like Stephen's pass gives him a full guarantee on such spot.
I for once don't have such connections Sad Would really love to get up close and personal to the action. Does anyone's got a hook up in the publishing industry?
Stephen Scharf
ShadowLord

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slavka's pretty much summed it up....the hard card is for photographers that attend every event for the year...usually local newspaper photographers.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SF Bay Area Photography Forum Index :: Events & Outings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: